"Working with RoadMap has been a joy, and their in-depth, customized services have already re-energized a number of our grantees.''
Ned Wight, Unitarian Universalist Veatch Program at Shelter Rock
Click here to request services.
Our goal is to deliver high impact, cost-effective services that help build and sustain social justice organizations. We conduct a thorough organizational assessment utilizing a signature tool developed by RoadMap consultants and colleagues, My Healthy Organization, and we tailor our services to address the unique realities and needs of each social justice organization we serve.
We have a diverse team of highly skilled and experienced consultants that can to provide you with a comprehensive menu of services. Some of our services include:
Strategic Planning and Program Development
- Revisit your mission, vision, values and theory of social change in the context of your role within the social change movement;
- Conduct an organizational assessment to assess strengths and challenges;
- Agree on your top priorities and set goals and objectives that reflect those choices;
- Design and implement planning and evaluation activities to measure progress;
- Create processes for long and short-term work-planning; and
- Understand organizational life cycles and how they work.
Strengthening Financial Systems and Financial Literacy
- Ensure understanding of the role and dynamics of money in the organization’s operations;
- Gain budgeting and financial knowledge;
- Create healthy and accountable organizations;
- Assess the functionality of the organization’s financial systems;
- Build the capacity of board, members and staff to understand and interpret financial reports and data;
- Learn to produce needed and useful financial reports; and
- Develop systems to link financial planning and program development.
Strengthening Human Resource Systems, Practices and Training
- Develop clear job descriptions;
- Compare salary scales and benefits policies;
- Examine and improve organizational structure, culture and roles to support staff development;
- Develop or enhance personnel practices and manuals;
- Implement processes for constructive staff performance reviews and skills and techniques to address and resolve conflicts;
- Enhance work-planning practices;
- Ensure compliance with employment laws and mandatory documentation;
- Improve recruitment, hiring, retention and supervision strategies for staff and volunteers;
- Develop a multicultural workplace; and
- Build high performing staff, board and member teams.
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of your organization’s communications capacities and impacts;
- Develop systems to link strategic communications planning, implementation and evaluation across areas of your organizations work;
- Build the capacity of board, staff and members to integrate strategic communications planning and implementation into their areas of work;
- Integrate campaign development and communications strategy development;
- Develop framing and messaging for your organization and its campaigns and programs;
- Develop multi-year, annual and project or campaign-specific communications strategies; and
- Branding and increasing your organization’s visibility in the media and influence with stakeholders.
Program and Organizational Evaluation and Planning
- Agree upon what constitutes success for your organization;
- Develop clear goals and objectives tied to workplans, roles and responsibilities;
- Create measurable outcomes;
- Learn how to gather and interpret data;
- Develop a practice of individ-ual and collective analysis of evaluative information; and
- Develop communication strategies to convey core strategies and successes.
- Develop board recruitment strategies and board orientation programs; and
- Training on the duties and responsibilities of nonprofit board officers and directors in order to more effectively carry out the organizational mission."
- Conduct a fundraising assessment;
- Develop a comprehensive and diversified fundraising plan;
- Develop a donor cultivation program;
- Fully engage the board, staff, members and leaders in fundraising activities; and
- Develop a fundraising culture throughout the organizations.
Leadership Transition Planning
- Execute succession planning;
- Select an interim executive director;
- Assess the organization's new leadership needs;
- Design and implement an executive director recruitment and selection strategy; and
- Facilitate the new executive director’s transition into the organization.
Click here to request services.